After 21 months of growing my hair out and keeping it long(er), I've done it. I went short again. Less than 24 hours later after losing (I'm guessing) 3-4 more inches, I'm already finding many benefits:
1) You use less shampoo and conditioner, thus saving money because your bottles last longer.
2) No hair loss while in the shower. I was previously at a length where it was coming out by the handfuls and I was sure I was going to be completely bald by Christmas.
3) No need for a towel on your head after a shower.
4) Faster dry time, in theory. My hair is still just as thick but since it's not as long, surely it takes less time.
5) It forces me out of the standard "stay-at-home mom look" of the ponytail I have been sporting nearly every day for a year and a half. (I hope I feel this positively about this aspect in a few weeks when the newness has worn off!)
6) I feel like a new woman...and let's be honest...that's one of the best feelings a woman can have!
Thanks again, Keri -- I love it!
(P.S. Steph, here's a non-sappy post like I promised. If this one made you cry, then we need to talk. LOL!)
UPDATE:
So...I've gotten some grief from a few people for not posting a picture. Truth is, I'm a little insecure about the cut since it's my first day fixing it so don't judge too harshly. Also, no -- my hair is not red. I'm just in a dimly lit red room which makes it look that way. :o)
it's so cute sarah! you look great!
ReplyDelete