Friday, October 23, 2009

Pleasing and Honorable

The other day I read a verse that really stuck with me.  I've gone through phases in my life of posting scriptures around the house and apparently I am there again because this is currently hanging above my sink:

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
- Psalm 19:14 (NIV) -

I'll be the first to admit that the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart have not always been pleasing to God.  I'm human...and I struggle at times.  Whenever I see this scripture, I try to pause and truly consider if my heart is right and pleasing to Him.

I woke up before my boy this morning and realized it was the perfect opportunity to have some quiet time and read my Bible before starting the day.  (Side note: What an amazing day it's been!  Imagine that...start your day with God and it turns out to be wonderful.  Huh.)  Anyway, I was reading in 2 Timothy and came across this:

In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay.  The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use.  If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use.  Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.
- 2 Timothy 2:20-21 (NLT) -


"A special utensil for honorable use"...the mere thought of God seeing me that way really opened my eyes.  It stirs my heart every time I think about it...how does God view me right now?  I think He's trying to get a point across to me, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment