Thanksgiving is coming in just one short day. As I grow older, I've begun to love this holiday more and more. Not because of the food and the family visits, but because of it's meaning. Thankfulness. It's sad to say that I don't do this throughout the year, but it makes me pause each day to think of something I'm thankful for. There are so, so many things I'm blessed with in my life and I take them for granted. At times I focus on the things I don't have or the things I struggle with, but in reality, I really have nothing to complain about. I read a quote not too long ago that said, "I choose to be grateful because life is just beautiful, even when I don't understand it." I couldn't have said it better myself.
Here are just a few things (but not every thing) I'm grateful for, not necessarily in order of importance of course:
- I have a husband who, next to Jesus, is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
- I have been trusted with and have been chosen to raise one amazingly adorable little boy who melts my heart with just one silly little twinkle in his eye.
- I have our battle with infertility. "WHAT?!", you ask? Yes, I'm grateful for even that because I have my son as a result of not being able to get pregnant like my original plan intended. Without those painful years, he would not be in my life...and I can not imagine a life without that specific little boy in the other room. God really does know better than I do.
- I have a home that I love. Sure, there are things I'd like to change about it (space, really) but it's "home".
- I have tons of family who would go to the ends of the earth for me if I needed them to.
- I have friends that I truly believe will last a lifetime.
- I have a God who loves me and desires to do even more for me than the previously mentioned friends and family.
- I have my health.
- I have food on my table and in my pantry.
- I have a warm bed to sleep in every night with a new(er) bedding set that I finally LOVE!
- I have money, thanks to my hard working hubby, to buy things for our son.
- I have clean, hot water to take showers and wash my dishes.
I encourage you to make your own list...it's amazing what it will do for your spirit!

you are awesome sarah! i love reading your blogs! Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for you!
ReplyDelete