Prepare yourself for a mental 'dump'!
Christmas has come and gone. My boy is three years old and it's as if a magical switch flipped that day...gone is the fierce attitude of the two's and welcome is this (more) agreeable child who understands things when you explain the "why's" and "why not's" to him...sometimes. Three birthday parties down (one with us, one with his friends and one with family), and I now face the final item on my agenda. Our baby girl.
Breastfeeding and childbirth classes begin in just a few weeks. Baby showers too. Her room is painted, the crib is assembled once again, and the extra furniture has been cleared out. I finally have an idea of what I want to hang on her walls; now it's just a matter of actually making a few decisions and DOING it. I'm 28 weeks along and my third trimester has officially begun. According to the pregnancy app on my phone, I have 11 weeks and 3 days until my due date. Maybe less...hopefully not more. That's less than three months. In regular life, three months is quite a bit of time. Looking at my calendar though, three months is not very long at all.
I need to go through baby clothes given to me to truly sort through what I have and decide what I need. I need to stop piling random stuff in her room and get used to the fact that it can no longer be the dumping ground for things I do not feel like dealing with in the moment. I need to stop procrastinating and just FINISH a few things I've started. I need to stop worrying about how on earth I'm going to handle a newborn baby and a three year old on very little sleep. (I know I'm not the first to go through it; I just don't know how people DO it! I have many worries in that area that I won't even get into!)
I have all of these things running through my head that need to be done, but I need to stop. Pause. Slow down. I am enjoying this part of my pregnancy more than any other and I don't want to miss it as I rush through these last weeks. This is my one time to experience this and I don't want to miss one moment. For now, I will just be still and know that He is God (Psalm 46:10). I will not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will care for itself. (Matthew 6:24). I will remember that it doesn't all have to be done before she comes home. I will remember that it's not all up to me. And...I will refer back to this post to remind myself of these things. :)
I once read a quote that said "Remember that at the end of the day, God is the only One who completes His to do list." All will get done in His time! :)
ReplyDelete