Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Movement

Hey there, little one -

I've been feeling you move for a few weeks now and, I admit, I smile to myself every time.  Even in this last week, there have been times that I laugh at myself for initially thinking my stomach is gurgling because I easily forget that I can feel you.  I love every time you move, even when it's swift kicks to my bladder when I've had too much water, or it's constant jabs to my side when I'm trying to fall asleep.  These are the moments I have been waiting for...the moments I have dreamed of for so long...part of the reason why we chose this route to expand our family.

For the entire first trimester, and then a few weeks after, I kept wondering if I was crazy or if everyone else was crazy when they said they loved being pregnant.  I was sick.  I was exhausted.  I felt awful.  Thankfully, all of that has past now and I totally get it.  I've officially joined the club of those who love being pregnant!  Feeling you inside of me makes this long road almost forgettable.  Feeling you roll around right now as I type and having your big brother randomly come up to stroke my belly, kissing it and saying "I feel you baby" just makes my heart melt again and again.  I can't wait to see your beautiful face and to find out what you look like!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment