Monday, October 25, 2010

Reflecting

Hello Little One,

I'm thinking about you today.  I think about you all the time.  It's been over 7 weeks since the last time I saw you and I'm so anxious to see you again.  We survived our first trimester together and, while I spent too much time wishing it away due to morning sickness, I can't believe that over a third of our time together is already over.  It's so hard to believe I have been waiting for 8 years to experience everything I've experienced since July 20th.

Not many women can say that each of their children has made them a new mother, but I can.  Your big brother waltzed into our lives in a rush that flew by us so fast, we hardly knew what happened.  He made me a Mommy and gave me my first time experiences as a mom.  You, on the other hand, are taking a bit slower of a route, requiring a lot of patience, waiting, and nervousness.  When you are born -- and even right now and the months to come -- you are also giving me new experiences as a mother that I have never had before.  I have never known what morning sickness and fatigue was like.  I have never felt a baby move or kick from inside me.  I have never felt labor pains.  I have never known what it is like to look into the precious eyes of a little one that my body helped to nurture and grow as God created you inside me.  I have never nursed a child or known that bond that can only happen between mother and child.  Thanks to you, I will have known all of these things by the time April rolls around.

I love the fact that each of you have brought a newness to my life; that God gave each of my children a unique, precious gift to give to me.  I pray that you will always know the amazing God we serve and you will never forget the miracles He gave your Daddy and me when he brought you and your brother into our lives.  I can hardly wait to see you again next week...please don't be bashful so I know if I should start buying pink or organizing all of our blue!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment