Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Beauty
I get so caught up in my day-to-day life that I (too often) forget to stop and enjoy Your beauty that is everywhere around me. I see it in the sun shining. I see it in the green grass. I see it in the rustling of the leaves in the trees. I see it in my son's eyes. I see it when he hugs me and says, "I wuhs (love) you Mommy". I see it in the arms of my husband when he comes home from work after a full day of providing for our family. I see it in the peace of the night sky. I see it in my heart as I enjoy the calm that has taken residence there. I see it in the relationships of my friends, family, loved ones; the simple phone calls, emails, or texts. I see it in our calendar and all of the wonderful things we have the freedom to do. I see it in my house, which You have provided (and continue to provide) for us. I see it in our meals that we are able to put on the table every single day. I see it in my overflowing laundry basket, for it means we have clothes to wear (and to spare!). I see it in my neighborhood, as I look out and see how I'm surrounded by so many great people I trust. I see You in so many things and I'm so sorry I don't stop often enough to dwell on these things. I am forever grateful, Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment