Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grateful


As you can imagine, I'm feeling very nostalgic today.  I was laying in bed early this morning, awake for no good reason again, thinking about our journey that brought us to this day.  I was thinking about those three tiny embryos up there, wondering which one of them was hand-chosen by God to be our precious daughter.  Looking at this picture makes me feel like July 20th was SO long ago (about 40 weeks!), yet when I think about how this could very well be my last full day to feel "baby girl" move around inside of me, I wonder where the time has gone and how it passed by so quickly.  

I feel like I've done more complaining in these last couple of weeks about being uncomfortable and have forgotten to enjoy this little one growing inside of me.  My desire to see her face and hold her in my arms has overshadowed the incredible miracle taking place even still.  I am no longer complaining about her ramming her foot/leg/backside into my ribs, but smiling through it because I know I'll never feel that again.  When she used me as a punching bag in the wee hours of the morning and bounced on my bladder like a trampoline, I thought about how I used to long for those moments.  I've waited 8 1/2 years for these things and I'm now sad that I've wished the last couple of weeks away.  Today I plan to not lose that focus; to smile at the movements I feel; to know that this road was planned out by God before I was even born.

I also began to think about all of the encouragement and prayers we've received during the last 8 1/2 years.  To be completely honest, I'm speechless when I think about just how MANY people have been there to support us during our journey.  We've only made it this far because of God, but I can also add that my emotions have often times stayed in tact because of the encouraging words, prayers, support, and love from our family and friends.  We're beyond blessed to have people like that surrounding us and I'm just amazed at His goodness for bringing them into our life.

Thank You, God for all of the blessings You have given Lou and I in this incredible life we have together.  Thank you for this precious little boy whom we absolutely adore.  Thank you for this sweet little girl whom we can hardly wait to meet.  Help us to raise them up to follow You; to show them Your Heart and to teach them about the importance of keeping You first in their lives.  Create and strengthen their bond from the moment they meet, uniting them as siblings forever.  You chose both of them to become a part of us and we thank You for trusting us with Your precious children.  We love You, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment