Friday, June 11, 2010

Perfect. Simply perfect.

I shared with a friend of mine that I have begun to feel a bit of worry set in.  I can not force situations and God can put a stop to anything, no matter how pushy I can get.  I know this.  So why do I feel worried that this is not of Him?  Am I not worthy?  Do I not deserve this?  Did I not have enough faith?  Of course I am, I do, and I (still) do.  It's silly, really, for me to even go down this path.

She told me about a message she's heard recently.  Basically, it was about resting.  There are some things you just need to quit praying about for a while and REST in the fact that God is in control.  As soon as she said that, I knew it's what my soul needs right now.  I've made signs to remind myself...

Rest in Him...
God has provided;
He has a plan for us;
He knows what He's doing!

There are so many things swarming around my head right now -- details, plans, concerns, excitement, dates, ups and downs, questions...what I truly need to do is rest in Him.  He knows me better than I know myself; He created me.  He knows what I can handle and won't give me anything more than I can bear, for He is my refuge and my strength.  I hold unswervingly to the hope I profess, for He who promised is faithful! (Hebrews 10:23 NIV)  So 'adios', worry...I'm leaving you behind to go curl up and rest in my Father's arms.

2 comments:

  1. adios worry! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was exactly what I needed to hear today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete