Friday, April 9, 2010

God's Greatness

While I was reading this blog this morning, this line really got my attention:  "...my thoughts were focused on my circumstances (things of this world) and not on God's greatness."  Granted, she's referring to things in her life that I am not going through, but it still made me stop and realize that's exactly what I've been doing for the last 24 hours.

Rather than focus on the opportunity God has specifically chosen us for, I've thought back on my years of heartache, wondering why it's come to this.  (That last statement sounds harsh, but I don't intend for it to!)  Rather than focus on the new life we are moving toward, I've selfishly wondered if one is enough and we should let it be.

My mom reminded me not too long ago that the grace will be there when it's needed...I obviously have some time, so why do I bother getting myself worked up and wondering if I can do it?  Of course I can.  God is the giver of life.  If I believe He has chosen for me to bring that life into this world (I do), you bet He's going to give me the grace I need.  He's absolutely going to give me the strength and (most importantly) the patience I didn't even know I had.

My mission for today will be an attitude adjustment; a mental and emotional adjustment; a heart adjustment.  I'll be singing this song again, for it brings me His peace.  I'll be reminding myself of the miracle that is to come of this and not dwelling on the long road it took to get there.  I know that some day that long road will be a big part in telling everyone about our latest miracle, but I'm not ready to think about it yet.  For now, I focus on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment