Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Little Friend

I do so much moaning and groaning about my 2 year old, but the fact of the matter is...he's also my little friend these days.  I love to listen to him talk, suddenly bursting out in laughter, declaring himself (or something else) "fah-nee".  I love to watch his little diapered bottom running through the house in his skinny little pj's, dragging his blankie with him.  I even, on occasion, love when he takes my hand to drag me into the next room because he wants to "fwaaaaay" (play).  He gives random hugs and kisses, (though not as often as I'd like!) and I've even heard a "love you" a time or two in response to my own.  If I laugh at something that happens, he loves to rehash it all over again -- just like a certain family I know -- talking about exactly what had just happened and laughing the whole time.  I don't even mind getting fake sneezed on, as he's recently learned the term "bless you".

I'm madly in love with my little guy and remember the advice given to me so long ago by a dear woman at church.  She told me, "I'd better not ever hear you calling them the "terrible 2's", for they're the "TERRIFIC 2's".  I totally get that, Lois.  I totally get it.

1 comment: