Sometimes I think I'm having a bad day...or a bad week...or a bad "season" in life. My boy is sick and tired, yet he doesn't sleep as long as he needs to. Enter "extremely irritable two year old". Combine that moody little boy with a mom who has compassion for a while...but as the virus goes on...begins to feel some symptoms of her own. I now understand the tired, yet not sleeping well aspect he's experiencing. I understand the crankiness due to a raw throat. I'm still not to the point of declaring myself "sick" but I think I'm certainly on the road to it, though I'm not going down without a fight! Coincidentally, the hubby is feeling the same way. Not good, considering he's about to go on a business trip for a few days. I woke up this morning, wallowing in my sour attitude and sat down with my daily Bible reading. Matthew 27 talks about when Pilate asked the crowd who they wanted him to release, Barabbas or Jesus. The crowd demands Barabbas, while regarding Jesus they shout, "Crucify Him!" It goes on in verses 27-31 to say: "Some of the governor’s soldiers took Jesus into their headquarters and called out the entire regiment. They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him. They wove thorn branches into a crown and put it on his head, and they placed a reed stick in his right hand as a scepter. Then they knelt before him in mockery and taunted, “Hail! King of the Jews!” And they spit on him and grabbed the stick and struck him on the head with it. When they were finally tired of mocking him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him again. Then they led him away to be crucified."
Totally different circumstances than my own, but it made me pause and realize...maybe things aren't so bad. Anything I've gone through this week and the week to come are nothing compared to what Jesus endured for me. I think I'll survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment